CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Misleading Advertising/Promotions

I am a graduate from the School of Business, I have a Management degree. I do understand the basic concepts of advertising and even the psychology of the consumer and blah blah blah. What annoys me to no end is the bait and switch tactic that leaves you feeling totally screwed.

A good deal is advertised so you go for it...oh you happened to choose the exception to the rule not the deal. But the idea that you are pulling the consumer in with one price associated with another product is ridiculous! Yes I read the fine print, numerous times but your fine print is misleading and refers to other fine print.

Also if the fine print is in relation to an asterisk next to something...don't you think it should be on the same page of the brochure???

Thankfully I am consumer savvy enough to realise that if a deal is too good to be true it usually is. It was. It annoys me nonetheless.

0 comments: