CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 16, 2009

My weekend

I went to a workshop on saturday to help me prepare for the first exam I need to write to get my CHRP (Canadian Human Resources Professional) designation. I was glad I went since it really helped me narrow in on the other things that I should focus on studying for the upcoming exam that is May 3 or 4th.

Sunday we went skiing and it was amazing. The hill had about 24cm of fresh snow and it snowed all day so powder galore. My legs are certainly feeling it today but that is a good thing. It was awesome!

I also did a bunch of reading as you can see below...


Drowning Ruth by Christina Schwarz

This book is set circa WWI and tells the story of a woman whose sister dies. As the book progresses the circumstances surrounding such become more and more suspect.

I didn't care for the storytelling style of jumping around from point of views and also periods in time. The story itself was pretty good though.

3 Stars


If I Am Missing or Dead by Janine Latus

In order to read this book you need a pretty strong stomach for domestic violence. It is the memoir of Janine Latus whose sister was murdered by her abusive boyfriend. Reading the book though you see that the family history is quite troubled and Amy (the murdered sister) is not the only one who is subject to horrific abuse. This book was absolutley riveting and horrifying (in a repulsive sort of way) all at the same time.

4 Stars

0 comments: